Thursday, January 5, 2012

About i'm a starting/working actor in Nashville TN, if & when should I or do I need to move to LA to be successful

I'm a starting/working actor in Nashville TN, if & when should I or do I need to move to LA to be successful?
I've built a resume of some shorts, print ads and feature films I have worked on around TN. I have a strong passion to do this professionally and give it my all out best, but I'm just not sure if I would really need to move to LA or NY to get a good start.
Theater & Acting - 5 Answers
People's Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
I think you should follow your passion. You do NOT have to move to be succesful but it would NOT hurt. Good luck!!
Answer 2 :
I'm not too sure about this. I mean, i live in Nashville as well but I haven't heard of many areas needing actors. But who knows? I'm a musicain not an actress. lol But my best advice would be to do some research before you move, if you decide too. LA and NYC are super competitive for the movies and whatnot so it may be better to stay here.
Answer 3 :
LA all the way there is so many auditions
Answer 4 :
i think you absolutely should. in LA there are auditions every single day for tons of things. i don't know how many things ever get done in TN you would have to wait for one to come. besides it's great here, tons of other actors and classes and stuff.
Answer 5 :
you do not HAVE to move to LA to be successful- but its not the worst idea. but keep in mind, all the waitstaff in LA are actors. there is big competition out here. be ready! believe in yourself. and DO NOT let anyone discourage you. but you have to also be prepared for what you will and wont change about yourself.
Read more other entries : 

No comments:

Post a Comment